Called “Vets Tag” there is no real age limits with active players from age 30 upwards enjoying benefits that are too numerous to list but include:
- Working on your fitness so you can keep up while refereeing u10’s (and lose a little bit of weight before the Christmas binge)
- Get that buzz as you lace up your boots and run out on a pitch again
- Take your place on a winning team at the Volkswagen Tag league from next May to July in Old Belvedere (GRFC Vets have taken home silverware for the last two seasons !!)
- Bonus try points for over 50’s
- Enjoy being part of a social group and rehydrate after the exertions in the club bar to debate missed passes and what might have been’s
All you need is a pair of tag shorts (ones with the Velcro patch) but if stuck don’t let that stop you if you want to try it out. Join us tomorrow night and see how the other coaches are walking the walk !
For more contact Rob Kinsella on 087 6826662 email Robert@identitypp.ie or better still just pitch up on a Wednesday night and test those calf muscles!